Jack, much like his father, wanted to learn to read at a very early age. He took flashlights into his bedroom at the ripe old age of three for the purposes of reading. He wanted to read the books his mother and father read to him every so often. He couldn’t, but the very act of him doing this spurred his father into creating Toddler Book Reviews.
In the first week of acquiring books for the purpose of reviewing them, our family’s increased focus on reading with Jack helped him to read his first ever words – “Grilled Cheese Sandwich”. Jack innately knew what these words were (as a true lover of grilled cheese sandwiches) and our increased focus on reading piqued his interest. As his finger slid across the page, reading…”grilled…cheese…sammich”, my eyes widened and my heart ballooned; I knew Jack was about to embark on a very important journey.
Having learned to read at a very young age, I knew how important this skill was to Jack’s development. There is no skill that helps children advance (in other skills) than reading. Being able to read really sets a child apart in this world. As such, Toddler Book Reviews‘ goal is to help your children read, through guiding you to the highest quality books out there.
Categories of Videos
- Toddler Bumble Bee Book – Bumble The Bee by Yvon Douran
- Toddler Educational App and Book Review – Kids Love Science
- Does Your Toddler Need Surgery? Here’s a Book That Helps Prepare You Both
- Toddler Book Review – Colors of Love: The Adventures of Billy Bee (Book 1)
- Toddler Book Review – Cats Dreams: Fairy Tales for the Good Night