- Book Style: Toddler dog book
- Reading Level: 2 (Reading With Help due to: mid-range length and some difficult vocabulary)
- Reading Length: 3-5 minutes (FYI – we never account for toddler questions)
- Illustration: Husky pictures
- Age Target: 1-8 Years of Age
- Author: Jayne Flaagan
- Author’s Page: Jayne Flaagan and/or Ellathedoggy.com
- Book Purchase Page: Doggy’s Busy Day – Kindle $2.05 USD and Paperback $8.99 USD
- Social Media Links: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest
Doggy’s Busy Day is a toddler dog book. Jayne Flaagan is the book’s author, and she does a wonderful job telling a story about a Husky (dog) named Ella. What Jayne does is walk our little toddlers through a day in the life of Ella. She shows us Ella dancing, playing, walking, going for a picnic, and much more. In the end, we get to see Ella contemplating the next day in her fun little life.
In a short discussion with Jayne, I learned that she’s spent over 30 years reading with children. She’s learned a ton about them, including what they like and what they learn from. This shows, as the story has many questions in it. These serve to provide more interactivity than we normally see. As I’m sure you already know, interactivity increases the retention of knowledge and information, and so this is a great feature in Doggy’s Busy Day. When the author asks “How do you dance”, your little one has no choice but to answer by getting up and doing a jig.
This story is truly built by a dog lover, for dog-loving children and families. It’s pretty obvious from the great things we see Ella do that this family loves her through and through. This love leaves toddlers, children, and parents alike feeling good about reading the story. I personally enjoyed the fact that my child saw a family that loved their dog because I know he’s learning something wholesome and good.
Not only do you get the cute little story about Ella, but you also get a number of extras. Jayne has included an audio book, free coloring pages, and even entries into giveaways (for her books). She also gives you an opportunity to get free Kindle downloads simply by signing up at www.ellathedoggy.com (she gives away Kindle downloads often to subscribers of her newsletter). All this simply for getting yourself a copy of her book.
A couple things to note about Doggy’s Busy Day:
- “Ella the Doggy” is a book series, with the eighth book out just this Spring
- “Doggy’s Busy Day” is the first book in the series, and it’s available in seven different languages
When we’re talking about toddler books and then we run into a book with a cute little husky in it, we know we’ve found a match. Doggy’s Busy Day is perfectly suited for toddlers and leaves them feeling happy and warm. What’s more, is it’s not exactly going to break the piggy bank at $2.05 USD for a Kindle copy of the book and $8.99 USD for a paperback copy. Head over to Amazon now to pick up your copy of this great little book.
Thanks for reading…to your toddlers,